Thursday, November 30, 2017

Katy Perry and the Subculture Drama

The beauty community was dare I say, shooketh to the core a few months ago with the highly anticipated Subculture palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills. I remember when this palette was leaked on Trend Mood way before the release and everyone was waiting for this stunning palette to be introduced to the world because it was advertised as the sister to the Modern Renaissance palette so the product was even more hyped. The Modern Ren palette is just so good and everyone was expecting this to live up to it and then it happened....

Every Youtube review I had watched on this one palette with the exception of Brianna Fox and Samantha Ravndahl absolutely hated this palette for many reasons.. the shadows were too soft and way too pigmented.. which made me so nervous to get mine in the mail and honestly when I opened up my palette with the exception of a little bit of kick up, I actually really like this palette.

Yes the shadows are so pigmented but if you learn to use a light hand, they are beautiful shadows.

This look was inspired by Katy Perry, while I was scrolling through my Instagram feed. I looked at all the colors used and thought to myself.. wow these look just like the colors in the Subculture palette and I'm really happy with how it turned out.


Here are a few other random eye looks I used with the Subculture palette





























Here's The Look:








Here's my look:







































Here's what I used:

EYES
  • Base- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Greed
  • Lid- Anastasia Subculture Palette in All Star with Rowdy on the outer corner
  • Crease- Dawn and Roxy and then blending in Rowdy
  • Highlight- Colourpop Here Kitty Kitty Highlighter
  • Liner- I used Rowdy as my liner, on the lower lash line I used Rowdy with a pencil brush with Cube in the inner corner. I also used Cargo Black Sea in the water line.
  • Mascara- L'Oreal Lash Paradise 
CHEEKS
  • Primer- Becca Backlight Priming Filter
  • Foundation- I think I used either the Photofocus by Wet N Wild or Too Faced Born This Way
  • Concealer- Tarte Shape Tape
  • Blush- I might have used Roxy from the Subculture palette
  • Bronzer- Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer
  • Highlight- Anastasia Gleam Glow kit in Crushed Pearl
LIPS
  • Pretty Vulgar lipstick in Backstabber
  • Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip in Weho

No comments:

Post a Comment