It's insane to think that 2018 is not too far away and I'm honestly really looking forward to it.
2017 for the most part was good for me.. I quit my job at Kohl's and continue to work my full time job. I ran my first 5K run and I got to go to Motor City Comic Con. Travis released 2 of his Detroit Exorcist comics and had a book singing for Tournament of the Worlds and is also working full-time. We both turned 30 this year, which is a milestone in itself.
Tonight is New Years Eve and here are the Top9 and Honorable Mentions of my favorite things in 2017
- A Dog's Purpose- I don't believe in reincarnation but this movie was so heartbreaking but sweet at the same time. I bawled my eyes out probably every second of this movie. Since I recently lost my pet, it's been a very hard to watch movie but it's good.
- Fifty Shades Darker- What can I say about this franchise that hasn't already been said.. I mean it was darker than the first one, had a little more sexy to it. This movie seemed like Dakota and Jamie had a little more chemistry in this one. I liked that this one had more of a story and it was thrilling to watch.
- Kong Skull Island- I hated the first King Kong movie. I feel like this second installment was just so much fun and more lighthearted than the first one and it actually had some scary parts if you don't like spiders..
- Girls Trip- This was hands down the best comedy of the year. Stellar cast. Solid laughs. I love this movie so much! I got to see this movie at an advanced screening and then I made everyone go see it again once it came out in theaters.
- Wonder Woman- Outstanding movie. Best of the DC universe by far.. What woman is more powerful than Wonder Woman? Gal Gadot sold it.
- Guardians of Galaxy 2- Favorite Marvel movie of the year. Thor Ragnarok was pretty good but everything about Guardians of the Galaxy 2 knocked it out of the park
- Moana- Finally got to watch this movie. OMG I love it so much! The music was perfect and the story was great.
- Trolls- I thought Trolls was so funny! I loved the songs and the characters and how random they all were.
- The Great Wall- Another really good movie, that we got to see at a screening this year, great effects and fun story.
- Thor Ragnarok- This would have been in my top movie list, more so than Star Wars. It's pure fun and it's funny and I really enjoyed it.
- Hidden Figures- What a wonderful story with a great cast of leading ladies. I wish the Academy would give a little more love to Taraji P. Henson.
- Get Out- This movie was chillingly good and such an original concept. I'm not huge on horror movies but honestly it was kinda predictable in the set up of the movie. It's a very scary concept though.
- Baywatch- This was by no means the best movie of the year but it was funny and I really had fun watching it.
- Pitch Perfect 3- Probably the last movie of the year I see in theaters, but it wasn't as good as the first two but the music was perfect and it was pretty funny so I'm adding it to my list.
- Ed Sheeran- Divide is such a good album.. Ed Sheeran just gets better and better with time, I have to say this because Ed Sheeran haunts me while I am in the car and it's inevitable that he will be playing on all three of my favorite stations at the same time.. lol no his music is great. Perfect will probably be the song that will play at my wedding.
- Taylor Swift- Damn Taylor back at it again with the hit records... I honestly don't even have to explain why I love her and this record.
- Selena Gomez- I am anticipating that 2018 will be the year of a Selena Gomez record. Bad Liar and Fetish are such bops and Wolves.. she's really finding her sound and I dig it.
- Niall Horan- I predict that Niall is going to be the most successful out of One Direction, even though Liam Payne is a close second for me, Slow Hands is one of my favorite songs right now and I can't wait to hear more the album.
- Portugal The Man- Feel it still was the disco bop of the year. I'm excited to hear more from this group.
- Bruno Mars- Perm is such a bop and of course you have That's what I like which is also a jam.
- Kelly Clarkson- The Meaning of Life is such a great album. Love So Soft is such a funky song, I love this directior Kelly is going in musically
- Imagine Dragons- Some people hate the Thunder song, but I really love it
Riverdale- I can't believe a show based on the Archie Comics, would be so good. This is the best new show of the year and fills the Gossip Girl/Pretty Little Liars hole in my heart
Santa Clarita Diet- What an odd little show but everything about it works and it's hilarious and keeps you wanting to see what happens next. Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant are perfect.
Big Little Lies- Another great show I got the privilege to watch this year.. Nicole Kidman and Alexander Skarsgard deserve all the awards for their almost hard to watch at times performance.
The Office- I binged watched the Office this year for the first time and I fell in absolute love with it. Jim and Pam are just perfect and ugh I wish I would have watched it sooner.
Gilmore Girls- Another show I binged watched this year and although it's not my favorite, there are some aspects I really love about the show and I hated the revival. so there's that.
Keeping up with the Kardashians- If you told me I would be watching the Kardashians, I'm sorry, binge watching the Kardashians, I would call you a liar.. but I'm already on Season 9 so....I don't know what happened.
Man With a Plan- This show is actually pretty funny, I'm pleasantly surprised!
Drop the Mic- it's so good, it's such a savage show
Zendaya- I love how you never really know what you are going to get with Zendaya's choice of fashion but it always seems to have 70's inspiration woven through her outfits and I love it!
Emma Stone: The definition of Old Hollywood glamour. She killed it in La La Land, which I didn't add to my movies list (mainly because of the ending) but I appreciate the music and dancing sequences.
Hailee Steinfield: She's really grown on me, I wouldn't say she's consistent in her choices but she is coming into her own and I loved her gown at the Oscars.
Blake Lively: What can I say about Blake that hasn't been said, she's not afraid to take risks and her and Ryan are adorable and their Met Gala outfit stole the show for me.
Lily Collins: She is one of those girls who has a girlie fashion sense but also a lot of her choices has a vintage, old Hollywood feel to them
Gigi Hadid- She can wear basically anything and make it look good...
Gal Gadot- Before this year, I thought nothing of Gal Gadot. She blew me away as Wonder Woman and she seems like a down to earth woman but at the same time so otherworldly.
Dove Cameron: You are not even a real person. You are a fairy princess.
Tiffany Hadish: One of the funniest humans on the planet.
Camila Mendes and Lili Reinhart: I love following these two on Instagram, they are so funny and you can tell that they really are friends.
Will and Grace came back this year and they killed it!! I loved watching this show when I was younger and the revival is just so freaking good!!
Just finished binge watching the rest of season 3.. ugh this show has just gotten so good and I love the direction it's going towards.
Hey Arnold the Jungle Movie was SO worth the wait!! It was so enjoyable to watch and I really forgot how much I missed these character and if this is the last Hey Arnold ever then they ended it perfectly.
Choker necklaces were a huge thing for me this year. I hope they never go out of style.
90's podcasts!! The Big Orange Couch, When We Were Young, That's So 90's Pod, Best of Friends Podcast. I have really enjoyed listening to those who loved their childhoods as much as I did.
Makeup, Hair and Nails
Glitters- I had to start with some sparkle.. Stila Shimmer and Glow and Colourpop Supernova Shadows where really great products especially during the holidays to give your eyes an elevated look. I also really like using the Colourpop Super Shocks with the ultra glitter formula.
Mascaras- Game changing mascaras this year were L'Oreal Lash Paradise and Lancome Monsieur Big, I also really liked the IT Superhero deluxe sample.
Eye Shadow Palettes- Colourpop has been killing the palettes game recently with first off the Yes Please palette, Dream Street and You Had Me at Hello but really any palette or eye shadow I have been obsessed with. A no brainer is the Jaclyn Hill palette by Morphe which you can achieve any look with. Controversial pick is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture palette, which I got a good batch so I liked it.
Highlighters-Colourpop pressed highlighters are so beautiful!! Si Vous Plait, Taffy and Here Kitty Kitty are my favorite shades. Also Flower Beauty face palette has the most beautiful golden highlighter, just stunning for drug store. Shout out to Jouer Ice highlighter I have been rocking all winter long.. so gorgeous!
Concealers- Tarte Shape Tape is my can't stop, won't stop but now that I am running out I have been enjoying my Colourpop concealers.
Moisturizer- Belief Aqua Bomb makes my skin feel so hydrated, I look forward to trying more products from Belief.
Beauty Sponge- Flower Beauty has one of the best makeup sponges and it's so affordable!!
Nail Polish- KL Polish, maybe because I'm biased and love Kathleenlights but I have to say that this nail polish has stayed the longest on my nails than any polish I have ever tried.. it's pretty incredible!
Hair Product- Briogeo Rosarco Hair Milk, I received this in a sub box at the beginning of the year but I have been OBSESSED with this stuff and when I run out of it I will be very sad and will have to repurchase immediately. Kristen Ess came out with her own line of hair products and I have been enjoying her Texture and Beach Sprays and also her mousse which never seems to leave my hair sticky.