Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween: Katy Perry

Hey Guys!!!! This year for Halloween I decided to be none other than...... KATY PERRY!!! :)
I have been planning this for like 2 months.. I really wanted to make a dress out of candy and somehow recreate the candy dress from her video California Gurls.


This is what I came up with: ohh btw got a new camera over the weekend YAY!!!!


After looking at countless you tube videos and pricing for a replica (which usually ranged $200) I reconstructed a tutu from Salvation Army. The tutu was a lot longer and it does have a leotard attached, then for the ice cream cone, I used styrafoam cones, a half of a small wicker basket for the cupcake and lots of hot glue, beads, sequins,real candy (gummy bears, sweet tarts, gobstoppers) Pom Poms, Elmer's glue to cover candy, and a white skirt also from Salvation Army and since I am terrible at sewing, my grandma helped with the strips of fabric sewn to the skirt.

I went through 3 potential wigs and found this purple one, to create the headband we took a pre existing headband, cut a heart shape out of a sheet of purple foam covered it in purple cotton?

I also wore white tights and blue shiny flats with cupcake socks :)

Now on to the makeup:

now in an earlier post I already did this tutorial but I have to admit I was not happy with the outcome.. With a chance to redeem myself here's the new tutorial.



Here's my look:






Here's what I used:

EYES
  • Base-NYX JP in Purple
  • Lid- 120- pink-purple, with LA Splash glitter liner in Fuschia Fusion, then I used sparkles from the icing (lavender) and then covered the color with the lighter purple (whatever best matches)
  • Crease- 120- dark purple
  • Highlight- Ulta Iceland
  • Liner-NYX Skinny Marker on top, on the lower lash I used NYX JP in Purple and then the dark purple on top. in the inner corner of the eye, I used Archetype Minerals in Lisa's Busted Camaro.
  • Lashes- NYX lashes
  • Mascara- They're Real!
CHEEKS
  • Foundation- True Match
  • Blush- Happy Mood Boosting in Rose
  • Bronze- PF light-med
LIPS
  • NYX in Margarita and Flower mixed

No comments:

Post a Comment