Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Dupes: Lorac I Love Brunch Palette

So Pastel palettes seem to be all the rage right now, with the Kat Von D Pastel Goth palette and then Lorac comes out with The I Love Brunch palette and while yes pastels for Spring isn't anything new but when I saw that this was coming out I was interested in at least swatching it because the pastels where pretty and the bright aqua shade was really speaking to me.. however looking at the setup of this palette it reminded me of another palette that I did purchase last year, the Sephora + Pantone Modern Watercolors palette.  You look at these two together they have the same shades..  so no I didn't need to purchase this palette.  I actually swatched it while I was working and I have some pictures to share with you guys..

Ok me being ghostly pale, the pigmentation sucks on these shadows, there is maybe 4 or 5 shades that are workable but that's not enough for me to purchase a $44 palette. If you want to purchase this you will need to use a white base to make the colors pop and really build up the colors.. I still had to do this with my Sephora Modern Watercolors palette..

Displaying IMG_0623.JPGDisplaying IMG_0624.JPG

Also I tried a new mascara from Butter London and I hate it.. it's called Iconoclast and it makes my lashes so clumpy (you will see in the closeup)



Something new I tried and I like is the new Bare It All foundation from PUR and I quite like it. It's thicker but it really gives off a nice natural, skin look. It doesn't look cakey and I applied it with a Artis dupe brush that PUR came out with and I like it more than my Moda brush.


Here's my look:

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg
Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Here's what I used:

EYES
  • Base- Cargo HD Picture Perfect Primer
  • Lid- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, Modern Watercolors palette mixed Cascade and Honeydew together, on the outer portion I used Fruit Dove
  • Crease- Coral Haze,Lantana and Fruit Dove
  • Highlight- Antique White
  • Liner- On top I used Cargo Swimmables liner in Lake Geneva,  on the bottom I used Coral Haze and Latana. in the inner portion I used Mellow Yellow
  • Mascara- Butter London Iconoclast
CHEEKS
  • Primer- Lorac 3 in 1 Illuminating Primer in Dawn
  • Foundation- PUR Bare It All
  • Concealer- Bliss Undercover Secret
  • Blush- Lorac Spectra
  • Highlight- Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonchild Kit in Lucky Clover
  • Contour- Lorac Pro Contour
 LIPS
  • I mixed Lorac Trophy Wife and Girl Next Door

No comments:

Post a Comment