Sunday, April 15, 2012

Makeup Geek Contest: Effie Trinket

This week's weekly challenge was inspired by Effie Trinket, a character from The Hunger Games... I still have yet to see this movie, I want to read the books first.. But Effie is played by Elizabeth Banks and I have to give props to the makeup dept. on this movie because it looks nothing like her..  I decided to base my look on this photo.. but maybe what she would have looked like if she was in her teens..
















Here's my look:





















Here's what I used:

EYES
  • Base- NYX JP in Strawberry Milk
  • Lid- 120 palette (peony pink and thistle pink)
  • Crease- Same as the lid colors
  • Highlight- Ulta in Iceland
  • Liner- Strawberry Milk on the lower lash line, with the 120 colors on top. on top I used Styli-Style extreme black in the tight line.
  • Mascara- Volume Exact Mascara by Covergirl
  • Lashes- NYX Lashes (pink and black feather lashes) now I did something rather stupid because I had no more eye lash glue.. I tried to use a regular glue stick to make them stick and it was a temp fix.. unfortunately it irritated my eyes afterwards.. so I will never try that again...
  • Brows- I took a clean mascara wand and dunked on some foundation and mixed some NYX Milk on there with it to make my eye brows look lighter.
CHEEKS
  • I covered my face with NYX JP in Milk 
  • Blush- I used Hard Candy in Living Doll on the Temples and upper cheek area
  •  I used a little sticky heart decal on the side of my eye.
LIPS
  • I covered my lips with NYX JP in Milk
  • I used NYX JP in Pacific to line my lips, then I used NYX in Baby Pink for the lighter parts and Wet N Wild Fantasy Lip stick in Blue Magic for the dark parts.









4 comments:

  1. a little shocked at first, but looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I freaked myself out a little too haha

      Delete
  2. Hey sweetie! You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I'd like to invite you to be my friend and follow each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!!! I love your fashion blog, you have a lot of really cute clothes :)

    ReplyDelete