Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Best of the Year Recap

Tomorrow is New Years Eve!! I can't believe that another year has come and gone..  I have a strong feeling that 2015 is going to be an amazing year, this year was a year of building new and old relationships and finding my footing in my new career and just learning a lot about myself and soaking up information that further help me in my career pathway. This is just kinda a review of my favorite movies, TV shows, music, beauty products and even red carpet looks.  So sit back, relax and enjoy my review of 2014 in a nutshell :)

 10 Favorite Movies of 2014: For me 2014 was mostly about the sequels and Marvel movies!

The Fault In Our Stars- I can't begin to describe how much I love this movie.. Freaking Augustus Waters and Hazel Grace break my heart.. That amazing chemistry! I actually got the opportunity to read the book and I was very pleased with how the movie was done. Perfection.














Captain America: Winter Soldier -What can I say about Chris Evans as Captain America? It just all worked as a whole and I love the addition of Falcon and Black Widow.













Guardians of the Galaxy 2014 was Chris Pratt's year that he became a superstar. For a movie that I had no idea who the characters were before going into a movie, it was pretty spectacular. Groot was my favorite and the movie had such a stellar soundtrack, which I bought on Itunes..












Lets Be Cops - You could ask my cousins about how obsessed I am with this movie. I am a HUGE fan of New Girl so when I first heard that Damon Wayans Jr and Jake Johnson were doing a movie together I was first in line to see it haha and it is so funny! Their chemistry is something else and it's just a really good time.












22 Jump St- LOVED IT. Channing and Jonah come back with a vengeance. I love how they always poke fun at their own movie.













Dumb and Dumber To- This movie I have been waiting my whole life for and it's finally here and it was everything that I could have asked for.. Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels never miss a beat and makes me forget all about Dumb and Dumberer.












The Hobbit: Battle Of The Five Armies - Great end to an amazing Trilogy, also Legolas is a bad ass!












Horrible Bosses 2- Another really great sequel that was long anticipated.. The gang was back and there's no disappointments, only side splitting laughter.












Divergent- This was also the year of Shailene Woodley. Love this series more than Hunger Games.











 
X-men Days Of Future Past- YES! This movie was fantastic!












Honorable Mention: Veronica Mars: When this Kick starter campaign came out, I was so excited!! I donated money for it in a heartbeat! Rob Thomas and The cast of Veronica Mars, Brava!

















Favorite New TV Shows:


  • How to Get Away With Murder: OMG! How flawless is Viola Davis as Annalise Keating!!??? If you are not watching this you should be.







  • Girl Meets World: I have to admit something to myself that it going to be harsh but here goes... I am too old to be watching the Disney Channel.. but not so fast Girl Meets World came along and even though it's a new show, it's a spin off of Boy Meets World, one of my favorite shows of all time and it's flawless!






  • Gotham:  Gotham is so much fun! Robin Lord  Taylor's portrayal of Penguin.. don't even get me started.. brilliant.






  • Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon: Another admission from yours truly, I have never missed an episode since Jimmy took over Jay Leno's job as host. that is the truth.. It's just so much fun.


  • Orange is the New Black: I was HOOKED on this show. It's not the type of show I would usually watch but it was interesting to see the stories of each of the girls. It's a very well acted show, and well Crazy Eyes..





  • Game Of Thrones: Yeah I know I'm late to the GOT party, but it's just a really great show and Khaleesi is my favorite character








Favorite Music of 2014:
  •   Taylor Swift:  DUH. Her album was the best of the year.. My favorite song of hers is I Know Places. 
  • Iggy Azalea: Fancy. Black Widow. Beg For It.. She knocks it out of the park every time and her homage to Clueless only makes me love her more.
  • Magic!: Rude.. what a chill song, it was perfect for the summer.
  • Bruno Mars: Uptown Funk. Shut Up Bruno Mars! This song I play on my way to work to pump me up 
  • Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert: Ohh Something Bad, is a dream duet.. two bad ass women come together and wrote such an anthem.
  • Lorde: Yellow Flicker Beat. Flawless.
  • Maroon 5: Animals.
  • Charlie XCX: Boom Clap, great song for a great movie.
  • Sia: Chandelier. I don't think there needs to be an explanation for this one..
  • Ed Sheeran: Thinking Out Loud. Don't. Sing. Another one that can never go wrong..
  • Shakira: I love Shakira and I thought she was great on The Voice, I'm not a huge fan of her voice but gosh Empire was everything. 
  • AJR:  I'm Ready was MY song of the summer. I dare you to play this song with the windows down, and tell me how fun this song is.. 
  • Echosmith: Cool Kids. I love this song.. 
  • One Direction: Story Of My Life. Steal My Girl. Yep I'm a closet 1D fan.. 
Favorite Beauty Product Discoveries:
  • Cargo Swimmable Liners- These are SO great! Water, Cry, Sweat and Smudge Proof liners that go on so creamy and stay on all day!
  • Cargo One Base- I don't usually like a lot of heavy foundation, and the one base is so easy and light and gives just enough coverage.
  • LORAC 3D Lustres- LOVE! I bought the holiday 4 pack, and you can wear these gorgeous colors as a eye shadow, highlight, on your lips and even in your hair.. and a little dab goes a long way!
  • LORAC Mattifying Face Primer- You only need a tiny bit but when applied it makes your face so smooth and velvety 
  • Colour Pop Cosmetics- LOVE this line!! The Super Shock shadows are stunning and give amazing color payoff, the lippie stix come in amazing colors.
  • LORAC Baked Bronzer- One of the MUA from Lorac called this Beyonce in a pan, and he was right!
  • Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Palette- Not only did I get this palette for $16 dollars, I just always find myself using this palette lol 
Favorite Red Carpet Looks: 

Blake Lively
Blake is flawless in anything she wears, but these four amazing looks knocked it out of the park. When I ever have a child I hope that I look as perfect as Blake does. 


Gucci Premiere Black and White Ball Gown- Captives Premiere
Gucci Premiere Gown- Met Ball
Michael Kors Lilac and Oleander dress- Gods Love We Deliver Golden Heart Awards
Chanel Spring 2014 iridescent, sequin frock- Mr Turner Premiere

Kate Hudson
She really got it right this year, just looked effortless
Gucci Premiere- LACMA Art + Film Gala
Temperley London- IWMF Courage in Journalism Awards
Zuhair Murad Spring/Summer 2014- Vanity Fair Oscars Party
Versace- Oscars

Taylor Swift
Taylor has been stepping up her fashion game within the past year, it was hard enough for me to pick just four looks lol 
J. Mendel- ACMA Awards
Oscar De La Renta- Met Ball
Zuhair Murad- Clive Davis Pre Grammy Party
Carolina Herrera- Golden Globes
 

Katy Perry
She is always so quirky and fun.. I love these two looks so much, especially her homage to Britney's Jean dress
 
Versace Couture- MTV VMAs
Valentino- Grammy Awards

Reese Witherspoon 
She is one of my favorite actresses and she always looks classy and feminine.
    
Calvin Klein- Golden Globes
Giambattista Vali Couture- Independent Spirit Awards
Stella Mcartney- Wild London Premire

Lily Collins
This dress is such a standout. The whole thing is old hollywood glamour with a modern twist


Elie Saab- Love,Rosie Premiere

Vanessa Hudgens 
I love her style and this is so casual, but so chic. Her Boho style is so effortless
Bongo- Young Hollywood Awards


There you have it my faves from 2014, Here's to 2015!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment