Saturday, January 10, 2015

5 Years.. really?


Today marks 5 years for my little blog, I can't believe how fast time has flown. When I started this thing I was just about the enter cosmetology school and I had barely scratched the surface of my makeup talents. Now I'm licensed in Hair and Makeup, have done some free lance for a handful of weddings, just finished up at QC Makeup Academy about to get my certificate and now I am a beauty advisor at Kohl's.. the next adventure will be enrolling into a Special FX course with QC! I just want to learn as much as I can and have always wanted to do Special FX makeup and very excited!

I thought about what I was going to do for my look today and I was looking back at my first real tutorial for Carrie Underwood's music video for "Just a Dream" and then I thought how fun would it be to recreate the look. I have to say I wasn't as skilled as I am now and I kinda cringe when I look at the old posts haha!

Here's The Look:








Here's my look:






Here's what I used:

EYES
  • Base- Cargo HD Primer
  • Lid- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Lavender, then I used Too Face Nashville Nudes Palette in Famous In A Small Town
  • Crease- Urban Decay Naked Palette in Gunmetal
  • Highlight- Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Palette in Righteous and Colour Pop Super Shock Shadow in Girly in the inner corner
  • Liner- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Perversion on top and also on the lower and water line with Gunmetal on the lower lash line and Righteous on the inner portion.
  • Mascara- Cargo Better Than Waterproof
CHEEKS
  • Base- Lorac Mattifying Face Primer
  • Concealer-Cargo One Base 01
  • Bronzer- Flirt! in Golden Minx and Lorac Tantilizer Baked Bronzer
  • Blush- Creme de Couture in Strawberry Ambrosia 
  • Powder- Makeup Forever HD Translucent Powder
LIPS
  • Urban Decay Super Saturated Lip Pencil in Love Child
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brûlée 

No comments:

Post a Comment