Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Palette

I promise next year I will be better at including swatches and giving in depth reviews on products..

So Gwen Stefani collaborated with Urban Decay Cosmetics and  they created this glorious palette. Can we talk about the packaging? I think the packaging alone this product is worth buying, and at first I saw the colors and I have to say I was underwhelmed with the color choices, because being familiar with Gwen, I thought she'd have some awesome and unique shades and it turned out to be a pretty neutral looking palette with a few pops of color here and there. I thought even though the packaging was amazing I could possibly pass on this one. Then lo and behold Leesha from XSparkage did a review on the palette and she is a fair complected lady like myself and she sold me on it, hook line and sinker. So I bought it. I was very happy with my purchase because not only did I love the shadows, I also got a sampler of her lip sticks that are going to be released in the Spring.

I really love how this look turned out. I think Zone is one of my favorite transition shades in the palette and I paired it with Bee Sting which a gorgeous bright turquoise creme liner from Colour Pop and I thought for lips why not a brown color? I picked Mosh Pit also from the Back To Cool set from Colour Pop and it's a rosy matte brown color, also another one of my favorites.



Here's my look:












Here's what I used:

EYES
  • Base- Cargo HD Picture Pefect
  • Lid- UD Gwen Palette in 1987
  • Crease- Zone with Punk in the outer corner
  • Highlight- Blonde
  • Liner- Colour Pop Creme Gel liner in Bee Sting on top, on the bottom I used Danger on the lash line.
  • Mascara- Too Faced Better Than Sex
CHEEKS
  • Primer- Lorac I'm sensitive
  • Foundation- Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless 
  • Concealer- Lorac Porefection
  • Blush- Milani in Romantic Rose
  • Highlight- Colour Pop Lunch Money
  • Contour- Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil
 LIPS
  • Colour Pop Lippie Stix in Mosh Pit

No comments:

Post a Comment