Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Favorites!!

I can't believe it's New Years Eve already.. This year has gone by so unbelievably fast!! 2015 was a great year but I feel like 2016 is going to just get better and better. Here's a list of my favorite things in 2015:

Movies


  • Jurassic World- last year I had made a statement that it was the year of Chris Pratt. I was wrong, this is the year that Chris Pratt became a bonafide movie star. Making more money than any film this year (before Star Wars came out) this was just a great installment to the franchise. 

  • The Duff- This movie was a wild card for me, because it wasn't so mainstream. It is a hilarious and cute movie that really surprised me 

  • Cinderella- OMG. Lily James was so pretty!! From her clothes to her hair and makeup. It was just such a good retelling of a well known story. 


  • The Age Of Adaline- This was Blake's best role hands down. This was one of my favorites this year the story was so unique and good. 

  • Maze Runner: Scorch Trials- So much better than the first one. So suspenseful where your on the edge of your seat. 

  • The Night Before- a new Christmas classic. Extremely funny. 

  • Star Wars- for someone who has never seen a Star Wars movie I loved it. Daisy Ridley killed it and she had some big shoes to fill. 

  • Mad Max- This movie is bad ass. Action packed literally from start to finish. Visually stunning 

  • Pitch Perfect 2- No brainer. I love musicals and I love pitch perfect. 
TV

  • Jane The Virgin- I watched this in 2014 but it wasn't a favorite, until Jane and Rafael got together. And Rogelio is the man. I adore this show

  • Empire- Cookie Lyons. If you are not watching this you should..so much delicious drama. 

  • The Goldbergs- I love the 80's. The goldbergs are the epitome of that decade. The family is perfect. Hilarious. 

  • Izombie- binged watched this on Netflix. Obsessed. Huge Veronica Mars fan and it's perfect. 

  • Rick and Morty- my fiancĂ© made me watch this show one day and I really love it. It's so stupid that it's hilarious. Awaiting season 3. 

  • Key and Peele- so funny and really sad it's over with. The airplane skit kills me every time. 

  • Arrow- recently just got back into Arrow just because there's so many crossovers with The Flash. It's very good

  • Quantico- this is a new show of the fall season and it drives me nuts haha but it's just so good cause you suspect everyone is shady. 
 Music

  • The Weeknd- he is Michael Jackson of our generation. He is so talented and puts out amazing songs. Worth it is one of the best songs of this year and Can't Feel My Face one of my favorite songs right now. In the Night is so deliciously 80's throwback. I can't wait to see what he does next. 

  • Adele- Hello it's Me.. Adele disappeared for a while and she came back and just smashed all the records. 

  • Selena Gomez- I downloaded Revival. I think it's amazing, albeit very moody but there's a handful of songs you can dance to. Very Impowering. Same Old Love,Hands To Myself, Camouflage and Nobody are my favorites off the album. 

  • Justin Bieber- I hate Justin but he puts out really good music. I hate admitting I like it. 

  • Carrie Underwood- Storyteller is so good!!!

  • Nick Jonas- cmon He only gets better and better every year. Chains. Jealous. Levels. 

  • Ellie Goulding- I love her! Love Me Like You do was everything. Outside. On My Mind. She makes really good music choices. 

  • Walk The Moon- Shut Up and Dance. The ultimate of 80's throwback music

  • Fifth Harmony- I've watched these girls from the beginning and I love their music. Worth It was the song that made them. 

  • Little Mix- Black Magic. I can't wait to hear more from these girls
Honorable mentions: 
•Demi Lovato- Confident was another great cd. Stone Cold is incredible. 

•Macklemore and Ryan Lewis- Cause Downtown!!!!

 Style
  • Selena Gomez
Selena's style is so effortlessly chic and she's not afraid to take risks in the name of fashion. 
  • Emma Stone
What I love about Emma is she makes the old Hollywood look, look so youthful and current. 
  • JLO
This is J. Lo and she slays the world. She doesn't even have to try. 
  • Lupita Nyong'o
She is so daring. I love seeing what she will wear next. 
  • Gigi Hadid
She is just so cool. She works everything she wears. 

Honorable Mention: Lily James


 NEW Products

Makeup/ Skin Care 

Primers
• Becca Backlight Primer- it gives your skin that ethereal glow

• Lorac I'm Sensitive Primer- helps calm down your skin and gives great hydration to your skin

•Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water- love this as a finishing spray. I've repurchased a ton this year

Foundation 
•Lorac Porefection Foundation- Gives awesome coverage and has a beautiful finish

Concealer- 
• Lorac Porefection Concealer- amazing coverage and a little bit of product goes a long way

Powder- 
• Laura Mercier Brigtening Powder- love this stuff never leaves my face Camry

•Lorac Pro Contour Palette- Powder/Highlight/Contour in one. I love this!!

Highlighters-
• The Balm Mary Lou Manizer- Stunning
•Colour Pop Lunch Money/Monster- tbh I love all the highlighters..

Mascara- 

•Too Faced Better Than Sex- this mascara makes my lashes look flirty and full

•Pur Big Look Mascara- this mascara makes my lashes long and defined. 

Palettes

•Too Faced Semi Sweet/Chocolate Bon Bons- I love these palettes and they smell like chocolate. 

•Urban Decay Vice 4/ Gwen Stefani palette- I love both of these palettes and you can create a lot of versatile looks with both of them
•Anastasia Beverly Hills Self Made/Shadow Couture- these blend so beautifully 

Brushes
•Bliss Foundation Buffing Brush- I love using this with my foundations. 
•Beauty Blender- they have lived up to the hype. 

Face cleanser 

•Simple Micellular Water- this makes my face so clean

Moisturizer 

•Caudalie Sorbet- this leaves my skin so nice and hydrated

Masks
Pur Dirty Girl Mud Mask- really gets everything out and leaves skin smooth and refreshed
•Bliss Triple Oxygen Mask- really cool foaming mask, tingles and smell like oranges. Gives a pick me up to the skin
• Tony Moly sheet masks- love this especially the rice and tea tree ones

Deodorant 
•Lavanilla in Vanilla Coconut- I have been trying to shy away from using aluminum deodorant and this is my new favorite purchase. Smells heavenly. 

Fragrances
•Taylor Swift Incredible Things- Vanilla Lavender but almost like a beachy scent

•007 For Women- beautiful warm scent of Blackberries Jasmine and Vanilla

•Britney Spears Intimate Fantasy- vanilla musk. Just as good as Fantasy. 

•Fancy Girl Jessica Simpson- Raspberry, Peach and nectarine. 

•Rihanna Nude- guava, mandarin orange and pear


Hair Stuff
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo- I can't believe I'm only trying this now. It's a part of everyday 
  • Tresemee Perfectly Undone line- the hairspray and the hair mousse is just so good. 
  • Sun Bum- I bought this cause of Desi Perkins and she was so right this doesn't leave your hair feeling dry
  • Eva NYC Speed it up Blow Dry spray- where have you been all my life?! It literally takes over thirty minutes to dry my hair and this cuts the dry time in half. 
  • Bumble and Bumble invisible hair dresser oil- love this stuff when I am blow drying my hair. 
  • Wet Brush- I get so many tangled when I wash my hair this takes care of them
  • Invisibobble- I love these hair ties I got some in my allure beauty box and they are so great and don't leave dents in your hair after wearing them. 


Long post but these were my faves of this year. So long 2015!! Excited to see what '16 brings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment