Friday, March 27, 2015

Jennifer Lopez: American Idol 90's look

Break out your crop tops and your tattoo necklaces cause the 90's are back!! I spent my childhood in the 90's and it was awesome!!  Yes I am one of those who think their childhood was better than everyone elses because lets face it the nineties were amazing.. (yeah you know I click on any buzz feed article that pops up about it.. ) or maybe nostalgia clouds my judgement.. either way I was not old enough the wear makeup besides the occasional glitter lip gloss, but I loved being inspired and doing makeovers at sleep overs.

Looking back at photos of Cindy Crawford, Pam Anderson and Gwen Stefanie to name a few, I cringed because why would you want such a dark heavy line around your mouth? It didn't look good then and when I heard it was coming back I thought why is this happening again?! Well when I was watching Idol I noticed this and the day before Idol when Jennifer Lopez was doing a photo call she was rocking the visible lip liner but she did it in a way that was so soft and subtle. I would call it a revamp of the horrid 90's lip liner, so I commend her MUA Mary Phillips for bringing back a dated trend so flawlessly.

Here's the look:







Here's my look:







Here's what I used:

EYES
  • Base- Cargo HD Picture Perfect Primer
  • Lid- Too Faced Semi Sweet Palette in Coconut Creme, then I used Lorac Pro Palette 2 in Cool Grey
  • Crease- Too Faced Semi Sweet Palette in Puddin', Truffled and Licorice. and Lorac Pro Palette 2 in Cool Grey and Charcoal
  • Highlight- Coconut Creme
  • Liner- On top I used Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Demolition on the top and the bottom, then I used Truffled on the lower lash line
  • Mascara- Cargo Better Than Waterproof
CHEEKS
  •  Primer- Lorac Mattifying Face Primer
  • Foundation- Cover Girl Ready Set Gorgeous in Classic Ivory
  • Concealer- Wet N Wild Fergie Come Correct in Fair
  • Blush- Lorac Unzipped Cheek Palette in Unapologetic and Unimaginable
  • Bronzer- Too Faced Bonjour Soleil in Snow Bunny, Sun Bunny, Lorac Tantalizing Baked Bronzer
LIPS
  • NYX Water Proof Lip Liner in Vanilla Sky
  • Colour Pop Lippie Stix in Skimpy
  • Lorac Lip Lustre Creme in Tiara

No comments:

Post a Comment