Thursday, March 5, 2015

Oscars 2015: Dakota Johnson

So I have 2 more Oscars posts coming down the pike and this one was inspired by Dakota Johnson and what attracted me to her beauty look was that bronze-red smoky eye paired with the classic red lip. I also really liked her red Saint Laurent column dress with the silver strap detailing and mixed it up with the simple pony tail. I have to say when I first heard Dakota was casted in Fifty Shades Of Grey I wasn't too thrilled, but I saw the film and actually liked her more after and then she hosted SNL over the weekend and I just kept liking her more and more. The majority of products her makeup artist used was from Chanel. I tried my hardest to find dupes to recreate this look. The Rimmel pencil I used was in the place of the Chanel Stylo Yeux waterproof eye liner Marron GlacĂ© and she lightly feathered the color through her crease and smudged it out, and then I used a dupe for Chanel Rouge Gabrielle and then I blotted with a tissue and applied the lip stick again focusing more in the center for that bitten look. 


































Here's the look:









Here's my look:

Here's what I used:

EYES 
•Base- Cargo HD Picture Perfect 
•Lid- Urban Decay Vice Palette in Echo Beach with Nevermind 
•Crease- Rimmel Scandleyes in Bad Girl Bronze, Lorac Pro 2 palette in Mocha, Vice Palette in Muse and Ulta in Sparks, Lorac Unzipped Cheek in Unapologetic 
•Highlight- Pro 2 Palette in Buff and Beige in the inner corner
•Liner- Jessie's Girl liner in Brown Suga, Bad Girl Bronze, Mocha and Rose Gold
•Mascara- Cargo Better Than Waterproof 

CHEEKS 
•Primer- Lorac Mattifying Face Primer
•Foundation- Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous in Classic Ivory
•Concealer- Wet N Wild Fergie Come Correct in Fair
•Blush- Lorac Unzipped Cheek Palette in Unapologetic and Cargo Bali just lightly tapped on to apples of cheek 
•Bronzer- Cargo Swimmables Bronzer
•Highlight- Benefit Girl Meets Pearl and NYX Illuminator in Ritualistic

LIPS
•Rimmel Exaggerating Lip Liner in Ravish
•NYX Chaos (I applied then blotted with a tissue and applied second layer only on the middle of the lip)

No comments:

Post a Comment