Thursday, January 14, 2010

Idol Inspired look: Kara Dioguardi

Finally the return of American Idol!!! Last night during the Atlanta auditions, I couldn't help but admire Kara's makeup lol It was really pretty!!


It's like a black smokey eye with purple iridescence above the crease and a silver color in the inner and middle lid.

Here's my look:


Things I used:

Eyes:
Base- Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Pots and Pans all over the lid
Eyelid- In the inner third, I used MAC Idol Eyes, probably a little more shimmery than Kara's but it's a pretty silver with a purple tint and it's 'Idol' eyes... lol
On the outer and middle part of the lid I used a shimmery black shadow from Jesse's Girl.. note to self invest in a matte black shadow..even though hers looks like a satin finish to me..
Crease- Still using the black, blending it with a Revlon Contour Shadow brush and I used an index card to make it cat-like. Above the crease I used a combination of L.A. Colors Palette in Ocean Breeze (a really pretty purple with a blue duo chrome) and L.A. Color Palette in Mesmerize (a darker purple, that I put into crease)
Highlight- MAC Vex w/ Ocean Breeze Palette (the white) on top
Liner- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean on top lid and waterline (sephora midnight black liner)
Mascara- Maybelline Pulse Perfection

Face
Foundation-Dream Matte Mousse in Porcelain
Cheeks- Ulta cheek color in Afterglow

Lips
Wet N Wild lip stick in 547 B Breeze
NYC Liquid Lip Shine in Pink Sands

No comments:

Post a Comment