Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Temptalia : Stila Jewel Eye Palette Look



Ok when I want a quick look for the day I usual turn to Temptalia for some inspiration. This look here is based off the Stila Jewel Eye Palette but really in these economic times who spends $32 on 4 eyeshadows? We can re-create this look for half that price.




Here's re-creation:





Here's how I did it!


EYES

  • Base-Instead of Soft Ochre Paint Pot from MAC ($16.50), I used Pixie from Wet N Wild as my base


  • Lid- on top of that I base I applied NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean ($3.50)with a brush on my lid only, instead of using Blacktrack Fluid line from MAC($15.00). The Black from the Stila Palette alternative is a black sparkly eyeshadow from Jessie's Girl which was $2 at Rite Aide


  • Crease- The closest color I could find for Rose Quartz from that Stila Palette was the last color in the L.A. Color Palette Serenade and these can be found at the dollar store or For Love 21. I bought most of mine online before I knew that lol. Then I had MAC Stars N Rockets ($14.50)already and that goes into the crease, to give more definition but like I said in an earlier post if you have the eye enhancers from Physicians formula you can use the dupe as an alternative. Then you would put Beautiful Iris ($14.50)above the crease. But I used Hard Candy Palette Dillusional (purple) which I got at TJ Maxx for 3 or 4 dollars.


  • Highlight- Instead of Hush I used a peachy-pink color from the Claire's palette


  • Liner- She used Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Lust ($17) and I used Jordana easy liner in Purple Fusion for $1.99 and Beautiful Iris dupe (Purple from the Dillusional Hard Candy)


  • Mascara- Maybelline Pulse Perfection- Blackest Black


CHEEKS





  • I used my True Match Foundation Roller


  • Blush- Flirt! Crazy in Love


  • Bronzer- Flirt! Golden Minx


LIPS

  • I don't have a fleshy beige color but I used Wet N Wild creme pencil in Pixie


  • Lip Gloss- I mixed a clear gloss with Medusa Mineral Makeup in Flamingo to give that purple/pink duo chrome.




No comments:

Post a Comment