Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mom's Birthday

s





Last night was my mom's b-day and she is in the Red Hat Society. She finally turned the big 5-0 this year ( which she's been counting down till forever for) so now she can wear red and purple now instead of pink and lavender. Her theme for the party was 50's so she wanted me to recreate a 50's look on her face using Red and Purple.. she isn't the easiest person to put makeup on because she has hooded eyelids.. but nevertheless I tried to make it look the best I could..
With her permission I could post a pic w/o makeup which is a rarity lol


I did a purple eyeshadow on the lid and then I did a thick black cat eye and accented it with NYX Cherry jumbo pencil on the ends of the black liner. She wanted it over the top with a bright red lip which turned out more pink than red. She actually let me line her lower lashline which never happens lol

My look for the night was based loosely on the Mac Face Chart Miss Ross:



Eyeshadow substitutions:
Base- Ulta cream base
Eye lid- I used a few different shadows. I first used L.A. Colors palette in Lollipop the 2nd and 5th colors instead of using endless love and on top of that I used Ulta shadow in Sweet instead of using Up-Do
Crease- Instead of Soulsong I used Sally Girl eyeshadow Hi Life (cranberry color) and MAC Beauty Marked
Highlight- I actually bought Vex a few weeks back so I just used that
Liner- Instead of Icon Eyes I used Rimmel sparkle liner (it's been sharpened down to nothing so I don't know the name but it's the purple on and put some beauty marked on the lower lash line. I also used Wet N Wild liquid liner to give myself a cat eye adn added Sephora black liner to my waterline
On my cheeks I used Flirt! Peek-A-Blush in Crazy In Love
Lips-I used a wet n wild color

No comments:

Post a Comment