Friday, September 7, 2012

Makeup Geek Contest: Moulin Rouge inspired by Satine

One of Makeup Geek's Weekly Challenges was Parisian Inspired. When I think of Paris, I think of the Effiel Tower, Berets, Poodles and yummy Macarons.  Then I thought about movies set in Paris and I instantly thought of Moulin Rouge!! If you haven't seen Moulin Rouge, I urge you to go to your favorite video store and rent it. It is such a visually s t u n n i n g movie and it has a clever twist on using modern day songs in a period movie. Nicole Kidman and Ewan Mcgregor just kill it in this movie, their voices especially , I'm getting chills just thinking about it really... lol    So anyways I did my look inspired by Nicole Kidman's character Satine which she has a classic look with a bright red lip.





























Here's my look:





































Here's what I used:

EYES
  • Base- UD Primer Potion
  • Lid- UD 24/7 Pencil in Sin, then I used UD Naked Palette in Sin
  • Crease- UD Naked Palette in Creep
  • Highlight- UD Naked Palette in Virgin and also in the inner corner
  • Liner- Top: Styli-Style in Blackest Black with UD 24/7 in Zero on the tight line. On the bottom: I used Sin and Creep in the outer with Blackest Black on the bottom lash line.
  • Mascara- Cover Girl 24 Hr Lash Blast
CHEEKS
  • Foundation- True Match
  • Powder- Physician's Formula in Translucent Pearl
  • Blush- Ulta in Chianti

LIPS
  • NYX in Chaos
  • NYC in China Town Cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment