Wednesday, March 24, 2010

American Idol Talk

So I have been a devoted fan of American Idol since the day it first aired. I predicted Kelly,Carrie,Kris and David Cook right after Hollywood week. For those of you who have given up on Idol after the depature of Paula, Ellen isn't my favorite, but she's not that bad of a judge. Simon is leaving after this season which I predict this is the last season of the show (and if I'm wrong it will be a train wreck of a season)



I have decided to include my thoughts about American Idol into this blog, so week by week I will give my review of each contestant and who I predict will get the boot.



Last night's theme was Billboard #1's. Now keep in mind that Billboard has been around since 1959 which you would think gives the contestants a lot of different song choices, fresh songs. But with all that in mind they still sing the SAME EXACT SONGS. Songs that have been recycled over and over and over again. It really was a lackluster night full of many boring performances and cringeworthy ones.



In the beginning of the show everyone was psyched to find out who the mentor was and it could be ANYBODY. None other than Miley Cyrus! Okay I admit that Miley and I have a Love/hate relationship because she irritates me but I enjoy her music, so I get that she could be a good mentor but she really didn't have a lot to say except for telling them to try more than what they have been... it was just boring.



1. Lee Dewyze sang "The Letter" by the Boxtops. Miley told him that he needs more stage presence and he certainly tries to own the stage during his performance. He did a nice job with the vocals and he is certainly my favorite of the guys this year.



2. Paige Miles sang "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins. Remember when I said cringeworthy? well this was a cringeworthy performance. She tried to do the Mariah version of the song and she failed miserably


Previously sung 7 times (Corey Clark S2, George Huff S3, Jessica Sierra and Scott Savol S4, Katharine Mcphee S5, Raimele Mulubay S7)


3. Tim Urban sang "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen....now I know that Zac. er I mean Tim isn't one of the best singers but in hindsight he did a smart thing last night, even though it was a silly performance like Simon had stated.. but those little Tween girls ate it up and he knows that's where his votes are.

Previously sung by:Fantasia S3,Taylor Hicks S5

4. Aaron Kelley sang "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith, He did a great job with it.. but it's an old song. He would have been better off doing a Josh Gracin or Rascal Flatts song, something current.

Previously sung by Josh Gracin S2,Allison Ireaheta S8 and David Cook S7



5. Crystal Bowersox sang "Me and Bobby Mcgee" by Janis Japolin and she was one of the best of the night by far but something about her voice really irritates me, even though she is good..



6.Michael Lynch sang "When a Man Loves a Woman" by Percy Sledge.. Safe choice Michael.. Safe choice.. Where's your guitar? I miss that Michael

Previous sung by: Christina Christian S1



7. Andrew Garcia sang "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" Marvin Gaye.......what???!!! not relevent and not original. Loosing his hype.



Previously sung by:Kimberely Locke S2, Fantasia Barrino S3, Kevin Covais S5

8. Katie Stevens sang "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie. No matter how good she does in the competition I will never like her.. She seems so fake and pagenty, I don't buy her for a second.

9. Casey James sang "Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News and he was fantastic! He really does play guitar great but the song was dated and he didn't make it current but I can definently hear him on the radio.

10. Didi Benami sang "You're No Good" by Linda Ronstadt and it really was no good. It was all over the place and just not watchable, but I think she will stay

Previously sung by: Kristy Lee Cook S7

11. Siobhan Magnus sang "Superstitious" by Stevie Wonder and first off I love Sib, I think she is super talented and her range is amazing but I wish she could have picked a fresher song. She my pick for winner just saying.

Previously sung by:R.J. Helton S1

Who is bottom 3???
Paige, Didi and Andrew

Who's Leaving??
Paige Miles

Looking forward to Demi and Joe's performance tonight! They are too cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment